Bizarre how a commodity food item used in cooking, one that we take very lightly, is found in every single household around the world, no matter its financial resources.
Seriously, you might not find sugar in some households, but you will find salt for sure.
According to Wikipedia, salt is a mineral that is essential for human life, and saltiness is one of the basic human tastes.
Imagine: this essential item has been subject to trade and barter for 8000 years and was even a source of war and conflict for many civilisations.
In fact, the word “salary” comes from the Latin word for salt, because the Roman Legions were sometimes paid in salt, which was quite literally worth its weight in gold.
I am sure anyone reading this will be glad they are not today paid with salt! Let’s take a glance at the different nutritional and spiritual benefits of this forgotten gem.
Sea salt comprises a similar variety of minerals and natural healing ingredients as those found in our skin cells. This makes it perfect for therapeutic treatments and beauty products…
- Minerals in Dead Sea salt rejuvenate, moisturise and revitalise skin, improving skin blockades, soothing roughness, and encouraging restful sleep.
- The salt’s high magnesium content reduces inflammation on the skin surface (Proksch et al., 2005). It detoxifies, exfoliates, and improves blood circulation.
- Nor do the health benefits stop here: sea salt improves dental condition, helps wash nasal passages and eyes, removes dark circles and puffiness around the eyes, and relieves stress. Sulphur present in sea salt cleanses skin, and removes dermatitis and acne scars (Organic Facts, 2016).
- Minerals like sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium in sea salt balance the electrolytes in our body, thus facilitating overall functioning (Institute of Medicine, 2010).
- Sea salt maintains blood-sugar and blood-pressure levels, helping to normalize irregular heartbeats and prevent cardiac disorders.
- Sea salt also improves bone health and relieves rheumatoid arthritis, muscle cramps, psoriasis and osteoarthritis. If have aching feet, soak your feet in a warm sea salt solution to relieve your pain and soreness.
- Sea salt reduces acidity, maintains the pH balance of our body and hydrates our body, and it also prevents excess salivation during sleeping.
- Hair-loss is a common problem. Massage your scalp with the sea salt aids and see the miracle: it improves blood circulation and strengthens hair follicles.
Now, consider the spiritual power of sea salt. If you are dealing with any kind of negative energy, whether black magic, ghosts, demons or other evil entities, then salt can be a mighty spiritual weapon. Besides being a potent purifier, salt also helps attract positive energy and can even aid you in your manifestations.
Here’s how salt’s power can be utilized:
- Spray sea salt mixed with water in your home and surroundings. Alternatively, use it to wash the floors or other things to cleanse negativity. Simply place a bowl of salt in a room and it absorbs negative energy, which is often recommended in Fengshui.
- Sprinkle salt around the bed or place a small amount at each corner to protect against negative entities during sleep.
- A ritual sea salt bath has extraordinary mystical energy, boosting one spiritually and vibing positivity. Fill your bath with warm water, and mix in two or three handfuls of unrefined sea salt or Himalayan crystal salt. Add a small amount of a pure essential oil, like lavender, for good aromatherapy. Then, soak for about 20–30 minutes without any external disturbances. Intensify your concentration and spiritual vibration to get rid of all negative thoughts. For best results, air dry yourself.
- Try it once a month.
Let’s appreciate this crystalline gem. Next time you use sea salt, try to use it with gratitude and believe in its wonderful abilities. Never take it for granted…