Imagine something that is very tasty, healthy and smells great, that puts a smile on your face without you knowing why. It can be taken straight up and used in literally anything.
Visualise a tropical island with a soft breeze, white sand and beautiful turquoise water. Voilà: what is missing from this image? Close your eyes and imagine those long, slender, leaning brown palm trees crowned with coconut fruits and their lovely, big, feather-shaped green leaves. Can you smell the coconut oil?
Unfortunately, we will have to snap you out of your dream and go down into the “nitty gritty” scientific lingo so that we appeal to that part of the public that loves to read big names we can hardly pronounce 😉 in order to be convinced that a product is also actually scientifically beneficial to your health…
Coconut oil is a common ingredient of almost every household. For years, it has been used in cooking as well as a natural remedy in many diseases like oil pulling, skin & hair issues etc. But today medical science has proved a large number of benefits that coconut oil serves. Difficult although it is to believe, this oil has the magic more than what we think of it. Let’s have a look:
62% oil in coconut contains three healthy fatty acids while 91% of the fat is healthy saturated fat. MCFAs found in coconut oil are much easier to digest than most of the other fats and immediately turned into energy than being stored in our body. And this is one such quality of coconut oil that makes it more like an elixir.
- Ketones from coconut oil can be used to treat Alzheimer patients to power their brain cells (Galvin, 2012) up and helps tumor cells to fight against stomach cancer or in ulcer. (Dr. Axe, nd) It helps to increase memory power and brain function. Try consuming coconut daily if you are forgetting too much.
- The fast digesting quality of MCFAS controls symptoms of gallbladder diseases and pancreatitis. It helps indigestion problems and saves you from feeling symptoms of gastric or acidity. It is a source of vast energy & endurance which can keep you live all day long. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, honey and chia seeds together and consume it before 30 minutes of exercise to get a necessary fuels for your body.
- The beneficiary saturated fats increase healthy cholesterol in our blood thus keeps the blood pressure under control and prevents type-2 diabetes. (Dr. Axe, nd)
- The anti-fungal and anti-microbial quality of MCFAs prevents urinary and kidney infection and liver damage. (Otuechere et. all, 2014)
- Traditionally it is the trustworthy source of oil-pulling used in remedy of tooth decay, sore throat and gum diseases.
- Coconut water is a natural hydrator but do we know it works as a healer in kidney stones by hydrating the kidney. Lauric acid in the coconut oil boosts immunity power.
- The antioxidants in coconut oil reduce inflammation, heal arthritis effectively, treat osteoporosis and increases calcium absorption in the gut. (Hayatullia et. all, 2012)
- Coconut oil works as a natural healer in a number of skin problems such as eczema, dandruff, burns, itching, psoriasis etc. It is a great natural moisturizer, body scrubber, cleanser and toner. Use this to soothe your skin and lip as well as for conditioning your hair. Try it before shaving to get a soothing skin after bath and for a relaxed body massage. Want to get rid of lice? Rinse your hair first with apple cider vinegar, comb it out and then apply the oil on your scalp for 12-24 hours and see the result.
Yummy fat burner:
- Now if you are looking for a way to lose belly fat, don’t rush here & there unnecessarily. Instead consume coconut oil to burn fat and improve metabolism. Don’t curve your brows! A 1985 study in Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health established the fact that Capric acid presented in it helps to reduce appetite and body weight. It also improves thyroid function, and heart rate.
- Make tasty cookies, snacks, smoothies, mayo at home with coconut oil. Try it by adding a little to hot beverages to get the benefits.
Now please lay down on the beach in your lounger. Relax, and inhale the cool breeze and remember the benefits of this article while drinking coconut milk. P.S. Please don’t forget to wear a hat and put on sunscreen!